Wednesday 28 July 2010

Still Writing

Also still painting, still coding... it's been a weird few months, but my creativity seems to be more full-on than ever.

I'm currently nearing the end of the second edit of my NaNo novel*, and find my output is very variable - in quality and quantity. I've reorganised a lot of the content and I am fleshing out some very sparse scenes. My current worry is that my dialogue is really clunky, so I guess I'll have to find some novels in similar genres where conversations come across better and try and figure out what I might be doing wrong.

I'm travelling a fair bit at the moment, not for fun, and at least writing can be taken with me in a way large paintings can't.

*I finished my first draft on 30th November at 120 000 words, with some scenes mere outlines, but I did it - made it to the end of my story, and reached my word target. I didn't mean to stop blogging through the process itself, nor afterwards, but that seems to be what happened.


No comments: